Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Did I Mention...

Did I mention that I'm super thrilled to be having a baby girl??
On cloud nine, stoked, jazzed, excited, delighted, psyched,
elated, blissed out, ecstatic
...just to
throw out a few synonyms : )


I imagine I may have been feeling the exact same way right now if I were having a boy but I'm not sure. The reason I doubt is because little boys are much less fun to dress. Honestly, who of you girls out there can say you ever had a male baby doll (I don't think Ken really counts either)?? Okay, so I did...but he's (I say is cause my mom still has him) a cabbage patch doll so he's ridiculously ugly to begin with and he really only had one outfit and absolutely no
cute dresses!
Now, don't get me wrong, I've seen my sister dress a baby boy so I know that the idea of a lack of cute boy clothes out there is absolutely false. I've never seen a more well dressed boy than Aiden, and I've come to find out he hardly even wore some of the cutest stuff she found--infant cowboy boots for example. But I have to say that the girl clothes are
really, really, ridiculously adorable!!
I came to this conclusion when I was at the mall yesterday and saw that they had a
sale in the baby section of JCPenny's
(just thought I'd bold that for anyone looking for baby sales). Of course, I wandered over there and proceeded to waste at least an hour looking at everything they had out. I was alone and had no one to say, "Ew, look at this one" or "that's adorable!" to/with so I took pictures (ah, the joys of a cell phone camera). The little dresses I found there are what made me decide that this is definitely gonna be way more fun than baby dolls ever were!! If I had my way and a lot more money...my baby would probably be in a cute little dress every single dang day!
And so, since no one was there yesterday the obvious solution to my total lack of estrogen swapping and girlie feedback is to post the photos on the internet and wait for the comments to roll in. Hence, the cell phone photos of the adorable clothes I found yesterday:

I like the little ones with the cap sleeves.

I love green & blue!!

Cute little sun dress!

I'm obsessed with polka dots right now.

Pretty in Pink for sure!

So adorable! A girl can't got wrong with pink & black.

Living on the wild side...Grrr!

These were fancier little silky dresses that were so fun!

Of course you can't pass up the adorable red pea coat!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol i have a ridiculous fetish with polka dots...my wedding theme even consisted of polka dots, so does my BLOG, and if im having a girl, i want polka dots in the nursery! lol. but anyways i love all the dresses and i totally agree with you on the baby girl thing! i say the same thing every day! boys arent as fun to dress! i mean with girls, you get to buy all the fun accessories, ribbons, bows and the works! Have fun with it! What name did you guys pick out for your baby girl? im so dang stoked for you guys! LVS.