Monday, February 2, 2009

Superbowl Sunday

We went to Steph & George's house for their superbowl party. It was great because our church doesn't end until 4pm. So, by the time we had dinner and finished baking the cookies that I wanted to take to the party it was already half time. Now, you might be thinking we were bummed about that, but we were thrilled. It still took half an hour to get to Rexburg which meant that we only ended up having to watch about 10 minutes of actual football. YAY!!


You see neither John, nor I are very big football fans obviously. This way we got to see all of the best parts which in this case were really lame and included a very anticlimactic ending. Although, I will admit that I'm bummed we missed some pretty sweet superbowl commercials. Especially that we didn't get to see the 3D ads and I also missed the new transformers movie preview.

But the highlight of my evening was getting to hold 5 week old J.P. (I think that was his name--Sorry!!). He was so tiny and so cute!!


Everyone was so surprised to see him awake, not feeding, and happy. I merely explained to them that this was nothing new, I have a strange way with babies. We have a thing for each other. His mom decided that I was the "Baby Whisperer" and after all these years of trying to figure out how to describe my baby magnetism I was quite happy to finally have a fitting title for the phenomenon. Yes, I am the Baby Whisperer!

When the superbowl was over they ended up changing the channel and finding out that the Wipeout show similar to MXE was on. I was trying to get George to take a good photo of John and I but obviously George didn't block the TV well enough to get John's attention for this shot:


This last one ended up pretty good though because we made fun of John enough that he had to look for at least one of them but you can tell he's still laughing.


Oh, yeah, they forgot to turn the channell back in time to see the beginning of that sweet hour long episode of the office so we didn't actually get to watch it that night. But they lent me their laptop so I could catchup on a couple of the important episodes I had missed from the past couple of weeks.By the way, I still haven't seen that episode of the office so don't say anything!!

The End!

No comments: