Wednesday, February 4, 2009

That's Why They Call Me Mrs. Farenheit

So, I was at work yesterday taking money for the chamber luncheon and just going about my day when a wave of nausea hit me and I really started to feel queasy. I figured well maybe it would pass, but I got back to my desk and still felt like throwing up and like I was just getting sicker. I gnawed on a nasty chewable pepto bismo that Stacy just happen to have (luckily), but it didn't really get any better. In fact I started to feel sicker--pepto may cover nausea, heartburn, indigestion, and diarrhea, but it clearly doesn't work for chills and fever like symptoms.

So, after an hour or so of that I finally gave up and went home where I watched a couple movies and tried to get warm without success. It turned out, that I was running a fever of about 101.6 or somewhere in there. Which clearly explains my fever-like symptoms! DUH! I really couldn't get warm all afternoon though even with three blankets on--I finally got smart after a while and plugged my heating pad in.

I took a few ibuprofens before I went to bed though and I think that helped break the fever in the night. I woke up feeling quite a bit better, drained but better; not knowing whether it would hit again this afternoon, or whether I was deathly contagious I stayed home from work today. I basically lay around all day but when I got a couple of bouts of energy I folded some laundry and ran a load of dishes. I hate sick days--they're so boring!! Such a waste of a day off work!!

Well, I will be back to work tomorrow wishing I had an excuse to stay home...it's funny how we always want whatever we don't have right at the moment. Fickle, fickle, fickle!

P.S. If you're wondering about the title of this post just know I really like Queen songs.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Yuck nothing is worse then flu! Hope ya get feelin better!

The Crebs Family said...

Hey Rachel,
I got my background from Simple Chic Blogs. There is a link from my blog... then I just made my own header. Your background is totally cute though!

Karen said...

Hope you are feeling better Mrs. Farenheit!!! It's not fun to be sick!