Sunday, August 23, 2009

Hmmm...

This is when I decided that I was OFFICIALLY entering totally new and
unfamiliar territory in life...

This is a photo that I took in the bathroom at our childbirth prep class. It is a picture of the handicapped stall in the women's restroom at the Anderson Center. I was frightened really...look how ominous that machinery looks. I was afraid to get any closer honestly but I had to take the photo so John could see what I was talking about. Okay, so I get that it's a restroom in the hospital and I'm sure it's very convenient for a lot of women but still! A public restroom honestly!! I try not to think about what this entails and that there's a good chance I'll be trying to figure out how to work a pump like this in a month or so but I can't stop myself. I swear, this is the stuff of nightmares! If males had to do something like this I think the world would turn upside down; just think about it boys...
"BREAST PUMPING STATION" UGH!!

I CAN DO THIS & I WILL BE GOOD AT IT...BUT IS IT OKAY TO BE TERRIFIED??

3 comments:

Melyni + Alma said...

I felt the same....they were nightmare-esque....it took me 5 months after Cade to get used to it all....

Heather said...

Umm, yeah about that. It's kind of weird, what can I say. I have never seen a bathroom with a breast pump in it though. Does everone share the same machine?? How does that work? Anyway, babies are worth all the discomfort and embarrassing moments we have to go through (and there may be many of those moments :). By the way, you look so cute.

Kole and Paula Spaulding said...

Hey Rachel,
I was looking at some blogs from Mtn Home people and happened to come across yours. This picture is great, what will they come up with next. Anyway, hope you guys are doing great!
Paula