Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Third Anniversary!

We celebrated our third anniversary in Boise with a temple trip, lunch, and a movie at the theaters.The temple was really nice and we were able to ask a woman waiting on a bench outside to take a photo of us outside. I thought that would be so nice since that was the temple we were married in exactly 3 years ago.


The pictures are terrible though!!! I wanted to look so nice because it was our anniversary and so I spent extra time worrying about what to wear and getting depressed because I didn't look good in any of my church clothes, you girls all know what I mean--just those days when things could easily spiral out of control...I'm sure you'll all say I look fine but I think I look like a blimp. Alas, it's the sentimentality of the photo that matters I suppose (although I wish you could see more of the temple in the background).
We went to Mongolian BBQ because it's our favorite food and it was extra delicious. John is always jealous of how many noodles I can squish into my bowl--I'm shameless! We visited with my grandparents while we were waiting for the showtime to roll around. Then, we went to Edwards and watched G.I. Joe. I was mad though because we planned our whole day around going to a more affordable matinee showing and the matinees ended at 4pm--our show was at 4:10!! I was peeved and I think I embarrassed John when I complained to the people at the ticket window. : ) We also ended up finding a couple of Geocaches in downtown Boise.

This is my good looking husband walking through capital park as we looked for a cache.

That's me being cute cause I found the cache all by myself (sorry if I ruined it for you).

This is a really cute photo of us on our 3rd anniversary. So nice!
After wandering around capital park and finding those couple of caches we hurried back to the car and decided we didn't need to do anything else fancy so we went home, watched a movie, enjoyed each other's company, and ate ice cream.

(Okay, so if you don't want to be a part of my cheesiness then you really don't have to read the next little paragraph but I had to put it out there and give him a reason to smile)

Happy Anniversary Honey, I love you so much!
Ever since we were twelve years old I've been glad to have you as a part of my life and have been thrilled to watch the depth of my affection for you grow. You are the twinkle in my eye, the depth of my laughter, the reason for my smile, the strength through my trials, and the best thing in my life. I can't wait for more things to add to my list of reasons you
make me who I am, and an eternity of anniversaries to come.
Always and forever!
143!

No comments: